BERGEN COUNTY LAW FIRM HAS AN IMMEDIATE OPENING FOR FULL TIME LEGAL SECRETARY/PARALEGAL WITH AT LEAST THREE YEARS OF CURRENT LAW OFFICE EXPERIENCE.
This is an opportunity for the right candidate to join a successful and growing law firm and to work on a variety of interesting cases. We are requiring that candidates have at least three years of current law office experience.
Candidates who do not have the specified experience will not be considered.
Summary of Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
The successful candidate will need to possess the ability to work well under pressure and meet deadlines, attention to detail, excellent time management skills and strong organizational and communication skills.
- Ability to manage files from start to finish on matters concerning Land Use, Zoning & Construction, Commercial & Residential Real Estate, Corporate, Finance & Business Transactions & Litigation.
- Work on such files includes o Communicating and coordinating with various State agencies and local building and zoning departments.
- Preparing zoning and planning board applications and public notices.
- Reviewing contracts and preparing amendments to same, order/review title searches, order/review surveys.
- Preparing hearing/trial binders and exhibits.
- Forming LLC’s and associated company documents such as operating agreements and resolutions.
- Reviewing mortgage commitments and gathering the documents necessary to satisfy lender requirements. o Drafting Complaints and Answers and filing same with the NJ Superior Court.
- Perform a variety of administrative functions such as preparing bi-weekly billing, gathering of materials from other professionals such as engineering and architectural plans, scheduling of meetings, preparation of meeting materials, drafting engagement letters and other correspondences.
- Manage attorney’s daily calendar of appointments, meetings and conferences.
- Oversee and communicate internal and client due dates to meet important deadlines.
- The ability to multitask, prioritize and think ahead, as well as anticipate the needs of the attorney and client; excellent listening skills, ability to follow directions and attention to detail.
- Have experience with time entry (timeslips), with an aptitude for expanding their knowledge of these tasks and associated programs.
- Three plus years’ experience in a law firm;
- Bachelor’s Degree is required, Paralegal certificate preferred;
- Highly resourceful and reliable;
- Experience working independently, within cross-functional teams, in a collaborative environment;
- Comfortable working in a fast-paced, frequently changing environment;
Interested candidates must email their resumes and a cover letter which includes law practice experience in your current and former employers. Only qualified applicants will be contacted for an interview.
Hours: M-F, 8:30 a.m. to 5:30 p.m.
Salary: $45,000.00 to $55,000.00 /year. Clearance of standard background check required prior to an offer of employment.
Job Type: Full-time
Send Cover Letter and Resume to firstname.lastname@example.org
Ask a Question
Want to learn more about careers with Capizzi Law? Submit your question below.